Engineering Inspection Sydney
Why Engineering Report?
A home or building consist of many complex components including structural framing, physical components, electrical and plumbing. These must assimilate cohesively for structural integrity and safety.
During a building inspection, visual evidence of structural deficiencies or concerns may become apparent to the building inspector. Such problems may be beyond the inspector’s expert capacity to deliberate on with absolute judgment (however such deliberation is beyond the scope of a pre-purchase building report). The inspector will warrant further specialized investigation by a structural engineer. The main aim of this recommendation is to establish whether the house, building or suspect components are structurally sound.
If the home or building you are about to purchase is not structurally safe and well integrated; high, unexpected and continuous repair bills will prevail.
What will the inspection cover?
The engineering inspection report will cover detailed analysis of structural deficiencies, which may include common problems such as:
- Foundations settlement & deflection;
- Settlement of load bearing structures;
- Cracks in slabs and walls;
- Moisture intrusion & control;
- Evaluation of fire damage;
- Integrity of termite damage timber/or framing;
- Integrity of borer damage timber/or framing;
- Integrity of decay damage timber/or framing;
- Retaining walls;
- Structural integrity of older buildings;
- Concrete slabs & walls;
- Wood framing defects & renovations;
- Integrity of load bearing structures;
- Exterior decks.